Saturday, September 18, 2010

The "BEACH"

Kara wanted a jeep for Christmas two years ago.  Me - being the awesome mom that I am talked her out of it.  But all year she would NOT let me forget it!  She would tell me "Mom next year I am getting a jeep for sure."  I will just ask Santa.  Anyway - true to her word - she asked santa for a jeep.  Well santa had one heck of a time finding one - but after some serious looking - we found a blue jeep.  Not really girly - but - with my vinyl cutter I was able to put her name on the side and make it "awesome!"  Guess who took it over.????  The boys are always in the "beach"  - Poor Kara harldy gets to ride in it.  But she is a trooper.  She is always good about helping her little brothers.  I am always amazed at the kindness my kids show each other.  I think it is one of the coolest things about having a big family.  You LEARN TO SHARE!!!  People are always telling me how kind and considerate my kids are - kind of makes me smile thinking - it's the only way they can survive.  It's not me and my super great parenting skills LOL - it is survival.  Makes me smile. 

4 comments:

The Browns said...

No Becky, it IS your super awesome parenting skills! I grew up with 6 siblings and we were NOT good at sharing! =] You are one of the BEST moms I know! Definitely someone to emulate!

p.s. you did an amazing job on the flowers for the funeral! Thank you so much!! =]

Becky said...

Heidi - you are the COOLEST! Thanks! I am glad it all went well. Let me know when ya have the new baby! I need to hold a little one! PS I need an invite to look at your blog!

Shell said...

It is you and Dave both. You are awesome parents and great examples to all of those around you. I wish I was more like you. You do everything great. I love your kids and their kind hearts also. Owen had the best time with Kara I think he may have somthered her but she was always patient and kind with him. Thank you for blessing the world with 7 more wonderful souls to help keep things in balance.

Becky said...

Shell,
Thanks! You are too kind. Kara loved spending time with Owen too. Kinda fun huh?

Followers

My photo
I am a stay at home mom with 7 kids. I love being a mom. I love being a wife to the WORLDS greatest husband ever!!!!!! Life is busy and full of surprises but it is good.